GIRLS’ EAST END TRIUMPH
The St. Matthew’s Project’s Girls’ Saturday Club headed east to Whitechapel on February 4th and came back over Tower Bridge with the Bangladeshi Football Association’s 5-a-side tournament winners’ trophy. In freezing temperatures, our two teams of girls proved a great advertisement to the SMP and girls’ football in general. Only a dubious free kick, taken while our goalkeeper, Chevone Lawrence, was adjusting her gloves waiting for a non-existent whistle from the ref, prevented an all-St. Matthew’s final. Our other team won out, though, in a close-fought 1-0 game against a very good team from the local Central Foundation School.
Central Foundation have agreed to compete in a St. Matthew’s tournament in Brixton in the near future, so watch this space.
See Girls’ gallery for more pics.
- Girls’ Football Alive & Kicking at SMP.
- EMMA BRYNE INTERVIEW
- FA PEOPLE’S CUP TRIUMPH FOR SMP!
- SMFC 2013-14 Season Review
- SMFC 2014-15 Review
- Tournament Triumph for SMP Girls!
- 81 Girls take part in our Lambeth Football Festival!
- SMP Girls to Play at St. George’s Park
- Girl’s Half Term Triumph!
- 2011-12 Season Update