The St. Matthew’s Project helps launch new lunch initiative
A new pilot scheme, Fit and Fed, has been launched in Brixton with The St. Matthew’s Project and will be rolled out in the summer by charity StreetGames.
Levi Roots helped launch the new lunch initiative and met the young players and project leaders at one of the St. Matthew’s Projects sessions at Brockwell Park.
The 60 young people who attended got the chance to play football, as well as getting lunch, provided by EAT and FareShare, as part of the programme.
Fit and Fed will impact 7,500 young people across the country. The project will also tackle inactivity and isolation amongst schoolchildren.
More: Evening Standard website
- EMMA BRYNE INTERVIEW
- Sport Educate Programme Launch 2014
- Summer holiday scheme 2018 review
- Tulse Hill (SW2) – featuring, St. Matthews Project & SW2 Summer Projects
- St. Matthew’s Project Youth Board
- Easter Fun Day 2018!
- The F.A Football Futures Programme
- FREE HALF-TERM HOLIDAY FOOTBALL AND LUNCH!
- Children’s Mental Health Week – Blog from Clo
- FA PEOPLE’S CUP TRIUMPH FOR SMP!